Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving/Winter

Good Morning everyone,

sorry that once again it was a month of no posting. School/work/family and other priorities seem to take priority of this blog! But, since early November we really have not had too much excitement at our house other than the normal chaos! We went to my parents house on thanksgiving for lunch, that was fantastic as always! then the day after thanksgiving I went out early shopping! ( as i love it!) I found lots of great deals and accomplished most of my shopping. I was disappointed that so many stores are opening so early and even on thanksgiving evening. I think it ruins the fun of the hunt in the morning! But, oh well. I got most of the items I was looking for except olivias big christmas present and a few other little items! By the time i got home my car was so full of stuff that i was glad i did not need anything else, because it would not have fit! The last few weeks I have been busy trying to wrap up those presents and keep some gifts hidden from Henry, who seems to think he "needs" to go into the storage room in the basement, where I keep all the gifts! We also got our tree set up on the wednesday before thansgiving so we can enjoy it for as long as possible!

henry is loving preschool and a few weeks ago we had his conferences and they said he is doing just fantastic! not that we had any doubts, but it is always reassuring to hear it from his teacher! we are currently working on reading, but with olivia everpresent it is a challenge as she wants attention all of the time.

Olivia is a handful! I recommend having boys! She is such a spicy little thing. If she even hears you say a word related to NO she cries! She likes to get her way, such a girl! WOW! She is starting to get a bit more independent in dressing herself and talking a lot more. She talks a quite a bit when we are at home and says things so nicely! But she is shy as can be when we are out in public! I am working on her ABCs, Counting (currently she likes to do 1,2,3,5,10!), shapes and colors. She likes to learn it all, but does not sit nearly as well as Henry did when I was teaching him the same things!

Last weekend we went to the Hollidazzle parade up in Minneapolis, it was a lot of work for a little reward! we all were cold at the end of the whopping 10 float parade that took 30 minutes! Oh well, the things we do so that our kids can experience life!

Yesterday we went to the mall in Rochester to see Santa Clause, Henry was SO excited! All he wants for Christmas is a Wii....really...you are three henry...you will not be getting a wii!!! He only wants one because his Aunt Kari has one and Gaving is asking for one for X-mas...but still!!!! Henry sat nice as can be on santas lap, whereas olivia was scared of the man! so she cried, but i did get a few photos of her!

Well, I will attach a few photos of the kids, but hope you are having a nice winter so far!

~Katie

No comments: