Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Good evening everyone,

I hope you all had a great Christmas with your families.  We had just a fabulous Christmas with the kids this year.  They were so much fun!  The only part I did not like about this years Christmas was Henry’s greed.  I am hoping that it is just a phase, because he would ask almost immediately when we got somewhere “when can I open my presents” or “where are my presents at?” I just find those questions so rude when you are somewhere…but, I really hope it is just a phase.  he was very happy with all of his toys! 

Last weekend we had our Christmas with the Pat, Pauline, Bonnie, Randy and Ian.  It was just great.  Scott got a power washer, so now we can do a good cleaning of the outside of our house this spring.  I can’t wait, because it needs it!  He also got some Ice fishing items that of course he loves.  Henry was lucky and got a Ford tractor and wagon!  He also got a leapster game.  He LOVES to sit and play that. It does kind of scare me a bit that he already loves computers and video game toys, but we thought he would like something like that for camping this summer and in the car.  Sometimes it is hard to think of things to keep him entertained with while camping for 4-5 days.  He also got a pillow pet and some coloring stuff.  He sure likes to sleep with animals, so the pillow pet puppy is another addition to his collection.  Olivia got dollhouse toys-which her and Henry love to move all over her dollhouse that Cecil made her last year!  They just love to move the stuff all around!  She also got a leaptop that we put her name in, so it talks directly to Olivia.  She thinks it is pretty cool.  She also gets emails from mom, maddie, and grandma!  Lastly, she got a barbie and some clothes! I got a sewing machine –now I just need to get it all set up and ready to go, so I can start practicing!  I would like to at least fix rips in pants and sew just basic items, so maybe later this week I will have some time to get it all set up!  I also got a beautiful pearl bracelet.  Now I finally have an entire set!!!  I love to wear pearls so I cannot wait to wear them!  Then I got a snowman pillow for in front of a door, it is very cute at the bottom of our stairs leading to our overflow pantry!  Bonnie and Randy also gave me a pretty necklace and earrings set. 

Then on Sunday the kids and I went to the Albers Christmas at the Oronoco Community Center.  It was really nice to see everyone from that side of the family.  My cousin Melissa is pregnant and expecting a baby in February so she is looking very cute!  Along with Amy who is pregnant and having the baby in mid January.  She looks fabulous!  And still always wearing very stylish jeans, I am not sure where she finds them!  But, I ended up getting a very cute scarf to go with my winter wool coat!  henry got a tractor and wagon and olivia got a sled! 

well, my henry just woke up from his nap, so I will write more later!

lots of love~Katie

No comments: