Tuesday, December 28, 2010

more Christmas

So...lets continue...

Christmas Eve Scott worked (the nice guy that he is!) and then we opened gifts from each other and the kids opened their gifts from scott and I and each other. I got a fabulous new Columbia jacket, that I desperately needed! My current winter coat is one my parents gave me for my like 16th or 17th birthday! WOW! So sad that I actually publicized this information! But, he also got me a pair of snowpants and a beautiful necklace! Great work Sweetheart! I gave Scott a new ice shack! I thought I was pretty cool getting him an ice shack! (we have yet to figure out if it will fit in the back of the SUV?!?!) Good thing we are getting a van/truck in February..it will fit in either! He also got a floating net from the kids and a twins tshirt. Henry got a big excavator, lego toys, books, clothes, PJs, and candyland. Olivia got a baby crib and doll, clothes, PJs, and books. Both were very pleased with their loot! Then we went to the McNamara side for christmas and had a great time. Well, I at least had a great time playing 6-5-4 and winning twice! Yep, I know...pretty impressive! Henry and Olivia both got more toys and books there, so each one was darn happy! And henry was happy that Earl was there and donna and carmen! he just loves them all! It is too cute! Olivia was scared out of her mind of everyone except scott, myself, gma and gpa....sickening! oh well, soon she will be over this stage and I will want her to want to come sit by me and she will not want to, so i need to try to enjoy it!

On Christmas Eve Henry left out a Beer and diet coke for santa...and man did he love those treats! When he woke up the next morning he could not wait to get out to the living room to see what santa brought! he found out that he got a kitchen---oh no wait, that was olivias---but he thinks that it was his! But, he really got an International 756 and a digger to pull behind his tractor, a wooden airplane, HiHo Cherry-O game, books, craft set and a few other little things. Olivia got the kitchen, although she has been sharing with henry very nicely, and the food and pots and pans to go along with it! some clothes, books, a game, and art supplies!

The two of them have been so excited to play with their new kitchen! it is too cute!

Christmas afternoon we went to my parents and had a great time opening up oodles of gifts, the pile just never seemed to end! wow! Henry got a truck and trailer and many more toys to play with and some new clothes. Olivia got a pretty purse with bracelets and a new doll as well as a tea cart with dishes for her new kitchen! I got a beautiful bracelet and devotional book for 2011 that I am very excited about. Hopefully it will make me feel like a bit more connected to God on a daily basis instead of only on Sundays. Scott got some more ice fishing stuff, a great workbench for the garage and hmmm...i guess I did not pay that close of attention to his gifts!!!!

On sunday it was t ime for our last christmas celebration, with the Mashak side. it too was a great get together. I got a fabulous cookbook-thanks to Pamela/Emily!-LOVE IT! The cookbook is for a Moms church group and the recipes are nice and normal with normal ingredients that my kids would actually eat! FABULOUS! great gift for me! Henry got some walkie talkies and Olivia got some princess accessories!

I also purchased scott and i a new couch on Christmas eve. I had been searching for quite some time for a couch that was the right fit for our basement and I happened to go to Busby's on the 23rd for a couple gift certificates and they had the perfect couch! i just had to order it in a different way so that it would look proper in our basement! Now I cannot wait to see it when it arrives! I tried to find it on Berklines site, but am unable...but it will look fabulous in our basement!

Well, hope you enjoyed our recap of the Holidays!

~Katie

No comments: