Sunday, October 10, 2010

Marathon Recap

Well…I Made it!!!!  AMEN!  seriously, I was not sure I was going to  make it!  So here I will recap my thoughts each mile:

1. wow…7:15 impressive.

2. ok 14:38 okay…still doing alright

3. wow…i am only 1/9 of the way done….i have to do nine more of these….

4. 31:00 what in the world was i thinking, i cannot keep this pace up for the remainder of the time.

5. wow, i am still running surprisingly fast, even though i think my time will certainly be closer to 4:00 instead of the 3:40 i was hoping for. 

6. 45:30….still running darn fast, there is no way i will be able to keep this pace, why on earth did i set a goal….

7. hmmm…really? when can i go home?

8. would scott mind when i see him at mile 9.9 if i asked if we could go home?

9. thank goodness i am going to see scott and the kids soon, i think i might die.

10. yes, i just saw scott and the kids, that was the encouragement i needed to get me thru the next few miles. 

11. wow…i actually did not ask scott if we could just go home?!?!?!  why not?

12. okay, just make it to 13 then you are half way there…then you can walk the rest of the marathon and still finish it under the six hour requirement! 

13.  oh amen..i made it this far.  seriously though, do i have to see more damn trees, i need more stimulus than this, where are my linkin park songs?

13.1 half way there, okay half way feeling like maybe i did not train enough, i think i had like 2 or 3 long runs prior to the actual marathon…i do not think that was enough!

14. okay, just make it to 16 then you will see scott and the kids again, and another water station, maybe this time i will really just tell scott we are going home, oh and remember to tell scott that 4:00 would definetly more like it!

15. seriously, i am going to need to walk SOON…. why on earth did i ever WANT to do this to myself.  this is SO awful.

16. okay, walked thru the water stop, forgot to take my first gel…by i started running again, but slowing down.  I pretty  much have to keep up about an 8:30 pace to finish the marathon by 3:40 NO WAY wow…my legs feel like they might be dead!  yeah….i was the kids and scott again, thanks for the great support…i also asked scott to PLEASE come to another spectator spot as I just thought I needed the support, he didnt think so :( wow, not sure i was going to make it without seeing my little cheering section again!

17. walked a little bit, i gave myself permission to walk over the bridges “i was taking in the scenery” was my motto in my head! oh my god, did i say this was awful. 

18. okay, made it to another water stop.  fantastic.  i made it here!  awesome!  now…i only have 8 more miles, that is like one hour running!  AWESOME!!! I can so finish, but I only had an hour an ten minutes to finish.  Thinking i have to stop walking thru the water stops.  Took gel #1…who makes these things, they are the grossest things ever.  this one was flavored strawberry banana…eeeww…good thing i had gum!  YUCK!  and lemon line gatorade…really?!?!  so gross!  but, i got it all down…now please help because my legs are feeling like anchors…i have to be running at a barely “running” pace. 

19.  okay, only one more hour to run.  the last mile i actually ran in 9:12 …okay, i might need to speed it up a little bit…but seriously how?!?!  my legs do not want to move any faster.  this gel is not working yet!  c’mon….but one mile until twenty!!!!

20. YES!  I made it to twenty!  yippee…and i made it to the water station, so that means walking again! relief!  and again, i actually started walking again! I saw my kids and hubby again!  what a relief!  Scott must have sensed the urgency of my request! 

21. yippee..yahoo…my dream might come true!  i really might make it!  only 5 more miles!!!!!!

22. wow…i think i am actually going to finish!  okay, lets find some good songs to finish this race!

23. allelluia!  only a 5K left!  this is only one time around zumbrota, just one time…even on your slowest days you run faster than 6 mph so you can so do this and finish on time …. just need to kick it into high gear….took 1/3 of gu #2 orange burst…YUCK!!!  wow….so gross…nausea/…..wow….please do not throw up!

24. oh my god…i am going to be done soon….and i might make it in by 3:40 ….found the best song for this moment, Mighty to save…best song ever to get you thru a tough time

25. my last mile only took my 7:35!!!!  wow…how on earth did that happen? where did that come from?!?!?!  that was awesome!  only one more mile to go….!!!!!  oh my god, keep on running….you can do it!!!!  just think of how great and amazing you will feel when you are done?!?!?!  repeat that song again!  awesome!  i was even singing!  and apologizing to people i ran past because of my singing! 

26.  A man told me it was only 4 blocks to the finish line, around this corner…he was the biggest liar ever, it was like a half a mile…seriously? what kind of blocks were you measuring?!?!? but,  i ran into the final stretch with my arms up and i saw the clock and knew that i was going to QUALIFY FOR BOSTON !!!!!!! So, my official time was 3:39:58 and to qualify you need to be under 3":40:59….SO just barely! 

Oh my god, i made it!  It was awesome!  and amazingly, i actually food pretty good today!  that was so awesome, i cannot believe i did it!  and that i made it!  wow!  i so wanted to quit for about 20/26 miles!  that was incredible!  oh my goodness, i actually did it!  i still have moments I cannot believe i made it in that time! now, should i do boston in the spring????  i just might have to, just because! 

then we went back the cabin in winter and met aaron, traci, beaner, mitch and chesney and had an awesome afternoon and evening with them. went for a boat ride, that was quite funny!  and the kids got to go out in the boat and play outside for a while, then we just played games and us girls realized that maybe we need to practice up on catchphrase!  then this am the kids played by the water, did a little fishing and grandpa albers and denny came up and henry got to go out in the boat for a little bit fishing!  henry just loves the cabin !  I even took olivia for a walk during their fishing trip!  just hills are a little troublesome! 

I will add some photos now from the weekend!  enjoy, talk to you all soon, Katie 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Katie,
OMG! I am so glad that you have a blog:)

You rocked your ten mile and congrats on your speedy marathon finish! Boston better watch out!! You looked like you were just booking it when you passed me! Speedy girl! Sadly, I am still in recovery mode...TC took so much out of me but next time will be better:)

Maybe I will see you at a few more races. Good luck with your Boston training:)

saucony running shoes said...

Great recap...Congrats on the marathon..Keep it up!!!