Sunday, July 15, 2018

Kenai and Homer

Today on the tenth day of our trip we went to Kenai and went Salmon fishing. Ethan my Cousin caught 2 salmon and Lynn my Uncle caught 3 salmon, because they were wearing waders in the water. My dad and I didn’t catch any but my dad had one on and it took almost all of his line. Then after that we went to a bonfire and played with a bunch of other kids there for a while. Then we went to our hotel. Remember to check the post below this one.

Today on the Eleventh day of our trip we went to Homer and then went on a fishing charter for Halibut so let me tell you about it. So First we got to Homer and drove to our fishing Charter and then we took off on the boat. So it was like a hour and a half to drive out to the fishing spot and then we started fishing about half the people caught a fish in the first minute or two and I did and it was decent sized and later I caught another one and my dad caught two in the last 5-10 minutes. The amount you could keep was 2 but you could also keep some cod if you caught any, my uncle and one other guy caught a cod. We ended up fishing for 3 hours and My Uncle, My Dad, Ethan,and I all caught 2 Halibut and we ate them for supper. Each Halibut has 4-5 pounds of meat on it.So it ended up being a great day and we caught a bunch of fish. Sorry about posting these posts so late. Remember to check tomorrow for more updates.






No comments: