Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Albers Family Vacation

Well Hello everyone, Hope everyone is enjoying this very sultry weather!  I am not really sure how much I like it.  It is not to bad right now, I am sitting on the patio with a DC typing this and uploading photos while the kids play in their swimming pool!  We have been busy with our vacation up to the cabin last week, working, covered bridge fest, a triathlon and making sure scott has time to get all of homework done for school! 

Well Last week we left on Monday evening to head to the cabin until thursday.  we had a great time, the weather was nto jsut too bad for us but it was muddy everywhere from all of the rain that we have gotten in the month of June, so it was hard to let the kids out to play without them getting terribly dirty!  But henry got to go fishing which he loved!  He continues to ask when we can go to the cabin again!  Scott also got a few chances to go fishing which was good for him, as he needed a break from work and school!  And I got in a few runs/walks and bike rides with the kids!  The only bad part was that Henry came home with a cough, runny nose and a fever.  But that has since slightly improved, thankfully! 

On Saturday I took the kids to my cousin Lauras graduation party in Eau Claire and thank goodness they were good riders! We got to see some of my cousins and aunts and uncles so that was nice!  Then Saturday night we  got back home right in time for the Covered Bridge Fest Parade, which was lovely!  henry loved it. He was pretending he was a band conductor, it was too cute everytime a band marched by! 

Then on Sunday I did my first ever triathlon, which I was SO nervous about!  I had NO idea if I would be able to finish or not, as I had never swam before, other than taking the kids to the pool, etc!  So…I was really questioning what in the world I was doing at a triathlon on saturday morning, I wanted to turn around and go home a few times…especially when you see how fancy some peoples equipment is compared to mine!  So my swam began at about 830 I think…and it was a quarter of a mile, which really isnt THAT far, but at the same time….it was a long ways to swim!  So…my goal was to get under 20 minutes!  When my wave of people all start swimming I thought I might die, or have a panic attack because there were SO many people all around me, splashing me, making me swallow water…well…I survived!  I just kept taking it one stroke at a time, trying to do my best!  After the race a lady that swam by me for a little while at the end asked me if I saw all the sea weed in the water? I replied, “heck no, i did not even put my head in the water!” she was like what?!?! how did you not get your head in the water…I truly tried to keep my head out so I could see who was all around me and where I was going!  I ended up placing 8th in my division in the swim!?!?!? what?~?~ for a girl who had never swam before this?!?!  wow!  I was shocked!  I got out in 8:50!  Darn impressive!  Then came the biking, and it started to rain/sprinkle, and it was much hillier than i was expecting.  but I biked my 10 miles in 35:00 which was fine with me, I was hoping for 30:00, but I cant be too disappointed, was still impressive considering the fact thaty i have a pretty average bike, it is a hybrid so it does go a bit faster than a normal mountain bike, but many people had racing bikes….and it biking i dont remember my place, i want to say i was 8th again in my division, but that could be wrong!  then came the running, my strong suit!  it was a 5k and I ran quite comfortably I thought, I really booked it at the end and ended up finishing my run in 21:30 so i was quite impressed with that as well, overall in my age group i finished 4th!!!!  for a first triathlon, AWESOME!!!!!  I am still so pround of myself, it you want to see results or photos….go to onlineraceresults.com and minnefotomoments.com and it was the rochesterfest tiathlon 2010.

well that is all for now, i will post photos later! have a great night, katie

No comments: